Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Teaser Tuesday #344, November 14th

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's teaser comes from Born of Illusion by Teri Brown, page 120.

"Then, not knowing what else to say, I pretend to be interested in Mother and Jacques's lively discussion about people I don't know. My mother is quickly becoming a New Yorker, which gives me hope that we'll stay on here, in spite of Harry Houdini's witch hunts."

Yeah. That sounds good, but a little bit awkward! What about you guys? Happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one, Louisa - I hope you are enjoying it. My TT this week is from an epic fantasy with a difference... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/teaser-tuesday-14th-november-2017/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :) And yes, I'm enjoying it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. My interest perked up at the name Houdini. Sounds good.

    My TT from Passing Strange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Houdini is very interesting! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I don't think this one is my style, but I do like this Teaser! Here's my TT/Intro post for this week:http://bit.ly/2zC0ztK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, kinda curious after the Houdini mention. Might be fun.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool :) And it's a pretty interesting book, with physics and such, with a pretty good mystery! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting. I'll add this one to my wishlist. This week I am showcasing Heartstone by Elle Katherine White. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome :) It's a pretty amazing book! I read Heartstone for a tour, and it's one of my top, top reads of 2017, so I'll have to check it out! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Good teaser. Sounds like an interesting read. My teaser comes from Paradox Bound by Peter Clines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is interesting! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!