Saturday, February 18, 2017

Week 7 Review: Take the Fall

From Goodreads:
WHO KILLED GRETCHEN MEYER?

Fear grips the residents of Hidden Falls the night Sonia Feldman and her best friend, Gretchen Meyer, are attacked in the woods. Sonia was lucky to escape with her life, but Gretchen's body is discovered at the bottom of a waterfall. Beautiful, popular, and seemingly untouchable, Gretchen can't be gone. Even as Sonia struggles with guilt and confusion over having survived, the whole town is looking to her for information…could she have seen something that will lead the police to the killer?

At the top of the list of suspects is Gretchen's ex-boyfriend—and Sonia's longtime enemy—Marcus Perez. So when Marcus comes to Sonia for help clearing his name, she agrees, hoping to find evidence the police need to prove he's the killer. But as Gretchen's many secrets emerge and the suspects add up, Sonia feels less sure of Marcus's involvement, and more afraid for herself. Could Marcus, the artist, the screwup, the boy she might be falling for have attacked her? Killed her best friend? And if it wasn't him in the woods that night…who could it have been? 

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! It was dark and creepy-and I did read the ending when I was only 30 pages in. So I knew where it was going, but it was so fantastic to go on this ride and find how they got to that point! So fantastic to read!

I loved watching Sonia investigate what happened to Gretchen, of learning how the two of them weren't the best of people when they were together, because of Gretchen. Which wasn't easy for her, but it made sense!

I really enjoyed her with Marcus, because the whole ex of her best friend angle, it's a forbidden romance type of deal. And yeah, it was a lot of fun to read, especially mixed in with the investigation and all the emotions running rampant!

How things ended, that was pretty fitting! And yeah, knowing it was coming, I absolutely loved reading it! It was a sucker punch and though I wish we could've seen more, after telling the police what had happened, well, yeah, it was a pretty fantastic!

This book was pretty darned fantastic and I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Emily Hainsworth
Read: February 15th, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2017 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: February 16th 2016
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!