Saturday, December 3, 2016

Week 49 Review: The Distance Between Lost and Found

From Goodreads:
Blending elements of Laurie Halse Anderson's Speak and Gary Paulsen's Hatchet, debut novelist Kathryn Holmes delivers a gripping story that author Richard Peck calls a "page-turner about several kinds of survival."

Sophomore Hallie Calhoun has just endured the most excruciating six months of her life. Once the rumors about her and the preacher's son, Luke, made their way around school, her friends abandoned her, and Hallie has completely withdrawn.

Now, on a hike in the Smoky Mountains with the same people who have relentlessly taunted her, Hallie is pushed to her limit. Then Hallie, outgoing newcomer Rachel, and Jonah—Hallie's former friend—get separated from the rest of the group. As days go by without rescue, their struggle for survival turns deadly. Stranded in the wilderness, the three have no choice but to trust one another in order to stay alive . . . and for Hallie, that means opening up about what really happened that night with Luke.

From the catty atmosphere of high school to the unpredictable terrain of the mountains, this novel is a poignant, raw journey about finding yourself after having been lost for so long.

My Review:
I'm so glad that I read this book! I mean, I was going to, anyways, but after reading How it Feels to Fly, I just really had to read it sooner! And I'm so glad that I did, because it was a really fantastic book! And told with them trying to survive, just the 3 of them, on a mountain, just upped the ante!

This isn't a rape book. It's a book about a boy who started to take more then was offered and then was caught in the act. And who told the adults a different story which they believed. And the girl not being able to say her side. Yeah.

I really enjoyed Hallie, Rachel and Jonah as they were trying to get off the mountain and back to their homes. They didn't have a lot of food, and they had to find water, and they didn't have appropriate clothing. And they all were hurt some way, some how. And they also bonded and grew closer together and that was really awesome!

I loved the way that this story was told. We got each day that they were on the mountain, and between each chapter, was bits and pieces of another narrative. And yeah, that told the story in such a great way, and a great ending! Really enjoyed that!

This book was a really great book, and a really fantastic story! Really enjoyed it!

Author: Kathryn Holmes
Read: November 27th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: February 17th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!