Saturday, October 8, 2016

Week 41 Review: Rise of Fire

From Goodreads:
The richly suspenseful sequel to Sophie Jordan's romantic fantasy Reign of Shadows.

Luna and Fowler have escaped the kingdom of Relhok, but they haven't escaped the darkness. When a battle against the dark dwellers mortally injures Fowler, Luna is faced with a choice: put their fate in the hands of mysterious strangers or risk losing Fowler forever.

Desperate to keep the one bright part of her life alive, Luna accepts the help of soldiers from a nearby kingdom. Lagonia's castle offers reprieve from the dangerous outside world—until the king discovers both Fowler's and Luna’s true ties to Relhok and their influence over the throne.

Now pawns in each kingdom's political game, Luna and Fowler are more determined than ever to escape and build the life they've been dreaming of. But their own pasts have a tight hold on their hearts and their destinies. Luna must embrace the darkness and fire within her before she loses not only Fowler, but the power she was destined to inherit. 

My Review:
Yeah, it was so great to read this book! When I read Reign of Shadows, I wasn't sure that this was going to be a series, but that it was a cliffhanger ending, I was really hopeful! So yeah, I was really glad that this book exists!

This was totally different from the first book, which was spent in the wild. But this book, was mostly spend in the secure capital of Lagonia, with a bunch of new characters! Of course, giving this world, most of these people weren't nice!

Luna and Fowler, they were just so great to read about some more! They had to deal with some very difficult political schemes. Oh, and there were some plots to marry each of them off to the royals! Yeah, that wasn't too fun to deal with!

I loved that ending, because it was pretty epic! And it leaves room for hope, even if not everything was perfect~ So fantastic to read, and yeah, a great ending to the duology! I just loved how everything worked out!

Yeah, this book was excellent, and I can't wait to read more by Sophie Jordan!

Author: Sophie Jordan
Series: Reign of Shadows #2
Read: October 7th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a End of Series 2016 Book, Historical Fiction 2016 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Published: February 7th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!