Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Forgotten Fairytales: Review

From Goodreads:
A psychotic, couture-clad, shoe obsessed Princess.
A not-so-charming, alcoholic Prince.
A hot Big Bad Wolf that she absolutely cannot fall for—no matter how well he kisses.

Seventeen-year-old, Norah Hart had no clue when she walked into boarding school, she'd be surrounded by reincarnated fairy tale characters, let alone learn she was one herself. In a world where the lines between good and evil blur, Norah struggles to find her place. When her actions throw off the balance of the fairy tale world and happily ever afters, enemies surface, ready to destroy her at any cost.

My Review:
This book was pretty fantastic! It took fairy tales-a lot of them now also Disney movies-and turned them on their sides, and it was just really enjoyable to read! The world was fantastic, and I'm really glad that this is a series!

Norah has led a pretty interesting life. Her dad has taught all over, and her mom left the family. And then she's going to her mom's old school. And yeah, things aren't easy, because of the other students and yeah, it was awesome to watch her deal with it all!

I really enjoyed how she messed with the line of good and evil, and how the consequences rippled. They needed a shake up, and they got one! But then she was in the line of fire, and that wasn't very easy to navigate!

The way that things turned out, yeah, it was something of a mixed bag. This is a series, and I enjoyed how it all came together and ended, but yeah, there are still loose ends that'll hopefully be picked up in the next book!

Really enjoyed this book, it was so enjoyable, and I would love to read more!

Author: Angela Parkhurst
Series: Forgotten Fairytales #1
Read: September 14th, 2016
Source: YA Bound Review Tour Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a 2016 Retelling Reading Challenge 2016 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Published: February 10th 2014
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars
Bio:
I am the author of the Forgotten Fairytales series.
I love reading YA and NA books. I have 2 toddler boys, 2 mini doxins & I'm married to my high school sweetheart. I have an obsession with books, Disney, and am fueled by a wicked coffee addiction.


In addition to YA fantasy, I write contemporary young adult and new adult novels.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!