Saturday, September 3, 2016

Week 36 Review: This Savage Song

From Goodreads:
The city of Verity has been overrun with monsters, born from the worst of human evil. In North Verity, the Corsai and the Malchai run free. Under the rule of Callum Harker, the monsters kill any human who has not paid for protection. In the South, Henry Flynn hunts the monsters who cross the border into his territory, aided by the most dangerous and darkest monsters of them all—the Sunai, dark creatures who use music to steal their victim's souls.

As one of only three Sunai in existence, August Flynn has always wanted to play a bigger role in the war between the north and the south. When the chance arises to keep an eye on Kate Harker, daughter of the leader of North Verity, August jumps on it.

When Kate discovers August's secret, the pair find themselves running for their lives and battling monsters from both sides of the wall. As the city dissolves into chaos, it's up to them to foster a peace between monsters and humans.

A unique, fast-paced adventure that looks at the monsters we face every day—including the monster within.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! I loved the world, and the characters, and of course I loved the writing! This was a really fantastic book, and I can't wait to read the sequel(s)! The ending was half triumphant, a tiniest bit of defeat, and the rest, cliffhanger! I need more!

August and his siblings, they were interesting. They were the rarest of all the monsters, Sunai, and the ones most capable of pretending to be human. Which August was the one that wanted that the most. And there were secrets, and strangeness, to them. So great to read!

I really enjoyed Kate, she wanted to be with her father, but there was also something of a mystery in her past. She was strong and confident, and worked for what she wanted! She was also pretty smart, even when things didn't go her way!

Really enjoyed how everything worked in this book, from the city of Verity, the politics and the monsters, and how the world is! And what that meant for this book, and how it all came together! Yeah, I can't wait to read more!

This book was so fantastic, and I love it, and I wants to reads the sequel!

Author: Victoria Schwab
Series: Monsters of Verity #1
Read: August 30th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded good, love her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Published: July 5th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!