Saturday, August 6, 2016

Week 32 Review: The Form of Things Unknown

From Goodreads:
Honest, nuanced, and bittersweet, The Form of Things Unknown explores the shadows that haunt even the truest hearts…and the sparks that set them free.

Natalie Roman isn't much for the spotlight. But performing A Midsummer Night's Dream in a stately old theatre in Savannah, Georgia, beats sitting alone replaying mistakes made in Athens. Fairy queens and magic on stage, maybe a few scary stories backstage. And no one in the cast knows her backstory.

Except for Lucas—he was in the psych ward, too. He won't even meet her eye. But Nat doesn't need him. She's making friends with girls, girls who like horror movies and Ouija boards, who can hide their liquor in Coke bottles and laugh at the theater's ghosts. Natalie can keep up. She can adapt. And if she skips her meds once or twice so they don't interfere with her partying, it won't be a problem. She just needs to keep her wits about her.

My Review:
I absolutely loved reading this book! It was different from her previous books-because it's a contemporary, and nothing about Russian nobility, and others. And yeah,, Natalie was awesome to read about!

It wasn't until I got to the end, where it said that her friends were also the friends of the characters in Dreaming of Antigone. Which sucks, because I wish that I'd read then in order. But I did read this is when I wasn't even 100 pages in, so yeah, that was just like a sliver being pushed further into my skin, knowing that, but just not being able to go back and read it first!

Natalie had the maybe seeing ghosts thing, and with an incident, landed her in a institution. But she wanted to cause her parents less stress afterwards, and yeah, that was really great of her! But it doesn't help that something's going on at the theater!

I enjoyed these characters! They were actors, and a bit wacky-and they were human, they made mistakes. But some of them weren't what they seemed, and I enjoyed how that all came out, and it made for a really great end!

Loved this book so much, and I can't wait to read Dreaming of Antigone!

Author: Robin Bridges
Read: August 4th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books! And it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: Kensington
Expected Publication: August 30th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!