Saturday, February 7, 2015

Week 6 Review: Boomerang

The first book in a sensational New Adult trilogy from Noelle August

Welcome to Boomerang.com, the dating site for the millennial gen with its no-fuss, no-commitments matchups, and where work is steamier than any random hook-up

Mia Galliano is an aspiring filmmaker. Ethan Vance has just played his last game as a collegiate soccer star. They're sharp, hungry for success, and they share a secret.

Last night, Ethan and Mia met at a bar, and, well . . . one thing led to another, which led to them waking up the next morning—together. Things turned awkward in a hurry when they found themselves sharing a post hookup taxi . . . to the same place: Boomerang headquarters.

What began as a powerful connection between them is treated to a cold shower courtesy of two major complications. First, Boomerang has a strict policy against co-worker dating. And second, they're now competitors for only one job at the end of summer.

As their internships come to an end, will they manage to keep their eyes on the future and their hands off each other, or will the pull of attraction put them right back where they started?

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! It was fun, and I gained a lot of favourite lines, and yeah, I loved being in Mia and Ethan's story! It was just fantastic, and I'm so lucky that I get to read Rebound right away!

So I really enjoyed that they didn't remember what had happened the night before, between them, but as the book went on, they slowly remembered! My only compliant is, that it doesn't go to while they go to sleep! I mean, I know they didn't go all the way, but I want to know at what point they went to sleep!

Watching them go on their respective dates, that was really funny! And how they switched with booth and tables, and that Alison, his ex, was the one that Mia got to go on that second date! I called it, that the girl that Mia picked, was Ethan's ex! And how Ethan's first date, ending up dating Rhett!

I found it so sad, the situation with her Nana, who was going on and on about "that girl" who was stealing her things. And then it turns out, that since Nana has decreasing mental clarity, that, "that girl" was Mia, and that Nana had been giving the things to her, and forgetting, and then thinking that this girl who she doesn't know who's her granddaughter, is stealing her things. It was sad. And it didn't really get dealt with. But oh, well!

This was such a fantastic book, and now I can't wait for Adam and Alison's story!

Author: Noelle August (Veronica Rossi and Lorin Oberweger)
Series: Boomerang #1
Read: February 6th, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: I love Veronica Rossi's writing, and I'm reviewing Rebound for a tour next week! It's a Prqeuel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Published: July 8th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!