Saturday, May 31, 2014

Week 22 Review: City of Heavenly Fire

From Goodreads:
ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID. 

I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary's own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance?

My Review:
I absolutely, positively, 100 thousand percent, loved this book, so much, I mean, I spread the book love!!! Made sure that my family got copies, so that they would read this book, and love it as much as I do, because I am full of love for this book!!!

There were lots of funny bits, from DTR, and Simon's confusion on what that meant (define the relationship, for those like me, and Simon, who didn't know what it meant) to the pyjamas, flying death turtles, to so much more that I actually forgot already! Mostly because I didn't write this review right after reading it like I wanted to. Bad me!

So much happens in this book, and while the tagline is "who will survive the final battle" thing, nobody that we know dies during the actual final battle but the bad guys. It's getting to the final battle where the ones we know die, and the 2 main ones, their deaths came at quite a shock!

I felt bad for Maya, and the guilt that she felt, but she really took charge, and kicked some butt, and helped out in a lot of ways! We also got to meet Emma, and Julian, and the majority of the cast for the series set after this one, The Dark Artifices, apparently, this one set up quite a bit of plot up for Lady Midnight and onward, so yeah, that was pretty great!

I loved how Brother Zachariah became just Zachariah, which we knew happened because of the epilogue of Clockwork Princess, but this was how it happened, so that was just great! And while he hasn't gone back to being known as Jem, and he hasn't told Emma that he was related to her (though she was wondering how he knew her middle name) and how Tessa didn't tell Jace how she's his so many great, grandmother, and that they're going to be told (the younger generation) sometime in the new series when it's important! I also loved how Church was nice to Jem, and how everyone thought that was impossible, but then they take him, and Isabelle is afronted, that was pretty funny!

This was such a fantastic read, and such a great end to the series and I loved reading it! 

Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #6
Read: May 28th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series! And it's a WoW Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book, and End of Series 2014 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Published: May 27th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!