Saturday, May 17, 2014

Week 20 Review: Ruthless Game

From Goodreads:
GhostWalker Kane Cannon's mission plunges him into a hot zone more personal than he anticipated: the hiding place of Rose Patterson-hunted fugitive, ex-lover, and a fellow GhostWalker desperate to save the life of her unborn child. Kane's Child.

My Review:
Oh, man, I loved this book! Just as good as when I first read it, and it's the first one where the child was born on screen, I mean, Lily and Briony have had their 3 sons, but it was just mentioned, not actually something that we could read, and yeah, it was really great!

I mean, Kane's fear of the word contraction, but then how he helps her through the delivery, which you'd think would be something he wouldn't/couldn't do, because of those "feminine words that scare a man from asking questions and such" yeah. A birth is pretty much the most female thing.

I felt bad for Lily, too, and the rest of the GhostWalkers, because they were betrayed by Eric, he's been mentioned and helped them basically since the beginning, and to know that he was working for Whitney, betraying them, well, that was pretty hard. But then he was killed by Whitney-who was right there! Yeah' that was a bit of a shocker, that's the closest he's came that we know of since Deadly.

Loved Sebastian, and how at the wedding, that all 4 boys were looking pretty intelligent, and when Rose mentioned it, that they looked at her, and yeah, that this second generation is what Whitney wanted, but he can't get at, and yeah, that was pretty great!

I was hoping that Rose was going to want to look for the rest of the girls she grew up with, or express fear about their safety because of the tattoos, but it wasn't mentioned, so I hope that it's going to be in a later book, because, these women may or may not be paired up with men on these 4 GhostWalker teams, and that means that they get a book!!!

Yeah, really enjoyed this book, can't wait for more!

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: GhostWalker #9
First Read: January 1st, 2011
Read: May 13th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a JFF Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Jove
Published: December 28th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!