Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Community Service: Review

From Goodreads:
As Maggie Mitchell enters her final semester of college, the last thing she wants is a guy in her life, let alone two of them.

Her new lab partner, Sawyer Reed, is still the overconfident and sexy jock that made fun of her in high school. The only thing that has changed is that he now uses a wheelchair, the result of a skiing accident.

Jude Marino is a hot actor who all the girls want and would do anything to get. He works at a local theater where Maggie has been assigned to complete community services hours after rear-ending a police car.

Both Sawyer and Jude want Maggie but only one of them will be able to capture her heart.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book! It was good, and interesting, and a nice, light read, if it deals a bit with loving a guy who was because of an accident put into a wheelchair. My largest complaint, was that it was too short! Because we didn't really get to see more of these characters, dig deeper into the conflicts. On my reader, there was only 125 pages, and yeah, I just wish that this book had been longer!

These were great characters, with issues, with Maggie, self esteem-issues that I wanted to know more about! And with Sawyer, his biggest issue was the chair, and how some people treated him, a bit of self esteem, there, because his girlfriend at the time of the accident, he was in love with, but she couldn't deal with the chair, so she broke up with him-and then hooked up with Jude. Yeah, Jude, the actor who wants to be with Maggie.

 I wanted to know more about the accident, how Jude could've been the one that was hurt, because he was right there, because they were frenemies, almost, the kind of friendship that was more of a competition on who could sleep with the most girls.

I found it really funny, where the title came from, and why. Maggie gets a text from Sawyer while driving-and doesn't see that the car in front of her has stopped. So when she does, and breaks, it's not enough, and she rear ends the car in front of her. Which happens to be a police car. So she gets community service hours because of that.

Her mom, I was mad at most of the book. She wasn't accepting of Sawyer, and made some comments that because he was in a wheelchair, that he was lesser in some way then someone who wasn't in a chair. Like that he was a half a man, and she didn't want Maggie to "settle." But she comes around, if slowly.

But other then that, I really enjoyed this book! It had a happy ending, and it was entertaining, and yeah, it was good. I just wish it was longer!!!

Author: Dakota Madison
Read: May 6th, 2014
Source: For Review in the Tour
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a SAC 2014 Book!
Publisher: Short on Time Books
Published: November 13th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
3.4/5 Stars

Bio:
Dakota Madison has been writing since she learned to read and fell in love with books. When she's not at her computer creating spicy new romances, Dakota is traveling to exotic locales or spending time with her husband and their bloodhounds.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me on your website and for reviewing my book!
    Dakota Madison

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!