Thursday, April 24, 2014

Undying Desire: Guest Post and Review

Hi, today I'd like to welcome over Jessica Lee, author of Undying Desire, over for a guest post!


From Goodreads:
Guerino Lombardi's world just went to shit. Vampire and second in command of the Warriors of the Enclave, he's put everything on the line to save his best friend from what has to be the worst blow a man can take. Kenric, his friend and master of the Enclave, has a daughter, something believed impossible in the vampire world, and word has it she wants her father and his Enclave dead. Guerin is determined to protect Kenric, keeping the secret from him until he knows for sure if this daughter really exists and if she wants revenge.

Eve Devonshire is a woman hiding in plain sight. Not completely human, but not quite a vampire, she's accepted by neither race but is more powerful than either one. Her life has consisted of half-truths and disguises, never belonging or living in one place for any length of time. But now some have heard rumors of her existence and want nothing more than to trap her and dissect her like a lab rat.

To stay alive, Eve can't trust anyone, including the alpha vampire with midnight eyes and a thirst for pain and submission. With her enemies nipping at her heels, Eve has Guerin cornered, and both are determined to get the answers they're looking for or die trying...if they can fight their desires long enough.

Contains hot alpha male vampires, including one with a taste for sexual submission that will lead to some highly charged erotic scenes involving anal, BDSM, various restraints, floggers, and whips.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book! It was interesting, the vampires, and their world, how they apparently can change into wolves, and that they have a ceremony for couples, pretty sure that it makes them mates. Anyways.

In terms of whether or not this book stands well on it's own, without the other 2, it gets about a 70%, because some things are introduced, and some aren't, and overall, the book is richer if you've read the first 2 books, which I didn't do, yet, because I now know some of what's going to happen in Destiny and Embrace. Which wasn't good planning on my part, but I'll be reading them soon!

Eve and Guerin were a pretty awesome couple. And yeah, they were a BDSM couple, with her being dominate in bed, which I haven't read about before, so that was nice. They were interesting, because she's the daughter of Kenric, and Marguerite, and she has some special vamp-ness from being half human. Guerin, his maker, was his lover, and Master, and of course she has Eve's most troubling problem working for her. So there's that.

Then there's the whole issue of Eve being Kenric's daughter, and when he finds out, and when Emily finds out? That was a bit of problem, and the resulting issues with that, whether Kenric and Emily could have kids, and Eve being the daughter that tried to kill/enslave/do bad things to them. Yeah. What a great family reunion they'd have!

I enjoyed this book, and while it won't be for everyone, it was really good, and I must read the first 2 books soon!

Author: Jessica Lee
Series: The Enclave #3
Read: April 22nd, 2014
Source: Review Copy for Tour
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Prequel and Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Entangled: Edge
Published: April 21st 2014
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars








Bio:
Almost every author’s bio states they’ve been writing since they learned how to read. It’s what they’ve always wanted to do. Well, my journey wasn’t so straight and narrow. I was a nurse for over twenty years and hold a bachelor’s degree in science with a major in biology. So as you can see, my career path had originally gone in the opposite direction. I didn’t discover my passion for the craft until after I’d had my son and decided to work part-time.

I’ve always loved to read but had never read a paranormal romance. Then one night at work on break, I began reading Karen Marie Moning’s Spell of the Highlander. I couldn’t believe what I’d been missing, and I immediately fell in love with the genre.

I wanted to write like that. I wanted to create worlds where others could find the same escape and fascination I did when I read my first sensual paranormal romance.

And I hope that’s what I’ve accomplished in my work. Please dive in, hold on tight, and enjoy the adventure. Just be careful in the dark—you might find more than you expected waiting for you there.

Jessica Lee lives in the southeastern United States with her husband and son. She loves writing and can’t wait for that quiet time each day when her son is in school, and she can get lost in another place and world with the fantastical, sexy creatures in her head.

She’s a member of Romance Writers of America, FF&P, and Carolina Romance Writers.

*My comment, I haven't read Spell of the Highlander yet, but I've read the first 3 books so far in the series, and they're excellent!!!*

Contact and Buy AKA Links:

Stops on the Tour:
April 21
Book featured at Books and Bells
Guest blogging at Gothic Moms

April 22
Book featured at Deea’s Book Blog
Book reviewed at Rage, Sex and Teddy Bears
Book featured at Escape by Fiction

April 23
Book reviewed at Bewitching Bibliophile

April 24
Book reviewed at She Hearts Books
Guest blogging at Literary Escapism
Book featured at Book Nook Nuts
Guest blogging at Sarah Ballance
Book featured at First Page to the Last
Book featured at I Heart Reading
Book review and Guest blogging at Words I Write Crazy

April 25
Interviewed at Toot’s Book Reviews
Book featured at Booklover Sue

April 28
Interviewed at Review From Here

April 29
Guest blogging at Literal Exposure
Book reviewed at Mom in Love with Fiction

April 30
ook featured at Bent Over Bookwords

May 1
Interviewed at I’m Shelf-ish

May 2
Book reviewed at Book Lunatic Ramblings
Book reviewed at Mom In Love with Fiction
Book reviewed at Romance for Every World
Book reviewed at I Smell Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!