Monday, April 28, 2014

The Rising King: Review

From Goodreads:
The summer before Dylan Kennedy’s senior year in high school is turning out to be anything but boring. Ridiculously hot girlfriend? Check. Killing evil Dark Souls who suddenly have aspirations of taking over the magical realm of Teag because its protective spell is gone? Check. Not even Teag’s King, Dylan’s father, Baun, can stop them. People are dying, and a dark magic that his girlfriend, Kera, received from Baun is growing stronger. Dylan wants to believe Kera is suppressing the darkness that’s in her, but every day he sees that control slip just a little more.

Baun sends Dylan to find a powerful magic that stop the Dark Souls, a magic so strong that Baun hid it so no one else could use it. When Dylan doesn’t expect to find along with it, are consequences that could end the lives of those closest to him.

My Review:
While a heartbreaking book, the ending, the loss of the could-have-been, this was a freaking fantastic book, and a great ending to a great series! I so enjoyed it, and yeah, I don't know why I took so long to read this series!!

I kinda suspected his dad, because from seeing both Dylan and Kera's perspectives, thing seemed off, that it didn't quite add up, though I didn't want him to end up not changing like he said he would. Because that was just...a waste, a loss of potential, and it made me disappointed in him (not the books thought, enjoyed them!!!)

Kera, poor girl, dealing with the dark powers, and that they were slowly corrupting her, to the point that she attacked Dylan, lied to him? Yeah, that was pretty hard to bear. But then things got better.

One thing I found really sad, and that didn't get dealt with, was Bodog's death. He's been with the series from the first book, the odd, strange, and full of headache-making statements, and we didn't get to see Dylan deal with his death, or have it mentioned that he even knew, just that Kera was there as he died, and he had died protecting her. So that, I was a bit disappointed on.

Dylan's grandpa did come to Teag like I wanted, but it wasn't very long, and we weren't with him for the majority of it, so that was something that I missed out on, because I thought something big might've happened because of that, but nope, just fighting the bad guys.

Yeah, this was a really good book, and while I didn't like some parts, that didn't mean that I didn't love this book, because I did, it was really great!

Author: Shea Berkley
Series: Keepers of Life #3
Read: April 27th, 2014
Source: Tour for Review
Reason Why: Enjoyed the first 2 books, and it's a End of Series 2014 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: April 28th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








 Bio:
I was thinking ... what does anyone really want to know about me, and I came up blank. So I asked a few friends and below are some questions.  Now me being me, the answers are an amalgam of fact and fiction. I'll let you decide what's real and what's not.


If you're itching to know more about me, then ask.  Depending what you ask, I'll add the question to the list with an answer that's as close to the truth as I can make it.


Contact and Buy AKA Links:



Stops on the Tour:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!