Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 37 Review: Playing With Fire

From Goodreads:
Earth, Wind & Fire aren't just a band anymore...

Used to be my greatest achievement was holding a job more than three days. Now suddenly I can shoot fireballs, chill your drink, or blow-dry your hair at fifty paces with a blink of my eye!

It all started when this crazy scientist dropped something in my Grande Mocha Latte. Of course I got wicked sick. Next morning I'm waking up with this total hottie bending over me. He tells me 1) his name's Rome Masters, 2) he's a government agent and 3) I can control the four elements with a thought.

He seems even less pleased by my (apparently irreversible) transformation than I am...Because now he'll have to kill me.

My Review:
This was just such a great book! I loved rereading it, it was just so freaking fantastic, with these characters, this world, and this writing, after all, it is a Gena Showalter book, and one that I loved the first time to boot!

So Belle's dumped into this world because of a serum added to her coffee. But because of that, she a) get's powers, and b) meet's Rome, which yeah, has varying degrees of cool, awesome, and terrifying! So great!

I loved the sarcasm between the characters, and I mean all of them-Belle, Rome, Tanner, Lexi, they were all so sarcastic and smart and awesome! I loved reading about them! It was really great! And then when you add the sparks flying between Belle and Rome, well, yeah.

There is a bit of a mystery that they have to solve, since there's others after her, but as things go on, they learn more, and Belle learns to master her powers-her emotions are connected to them, but she's able to figure out a way to generate those powers by thinking of the feeling, which is awesome!

Such a great book, such great characters, and I just loved the lists and things, they're just so cute! Can't wait to reread more, and I really hope for a 3rd book!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Tale of an Extraordinary Girl #1
Read: September 8th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading!
Publisher: HQN Books
Published: October 27th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!