Saturday, August 17, 2013

Week 33 Review: White Witch, Black Curse

From Goodreads:
White Witch, Black Curse

Some wounds take time to heal...and some scars never fade.

Rachel Morgan, kick-ass witch and bounty hunter, has taken her fair share of hits, and has broken lines she swore she would never cross. But when her lover was murdered, it left a deeper wound than Rachel ever imagined, and now she won't rest until his death is solved...and avenged. Whatever the cost.

Yet the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and when a new predator moves to the apex of the Inderland food chain, Rachel's past comes back to haunt her.

Literally.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! It was so interesting, and we got to know a bit about banshees, because the majority of this book is about the "new predator" not Kisten's killer. Though her past in the form of Pierce, yeah, I want to know more about that!

So it starts off pretty sad, going through the crime scene of Kisten's boat, and yeah, that's hard for Rachel. She was there and she knew who killed him, until in desperation, Jenks dosed her memory. And now she wants it back. And that's hard.

So the banshees were really interesting, because the common thing that I know about them is that the scream, and yeah, it was a great thing, with the tears, and stuff about emotions, and their kids, yeah, that was pretty great!

I really enjoyed Pierce, and the idea that Rachel has compared her past boyfriends to him since she met him, really makes me interested in that first meeting, how he made such a strong impression on her! And we're going to see him later, I just know it!

This was such a fantastic book, I really enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows #7
Read: August 10th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Enjoying this series, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 book!
Publisher: Eos
Published: February 24th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!