Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 31 Review: The Pleasure Slave

From Goodreads:
When Santa Fe antique dealer Julie Anderson was curiously drawn to purchase a battered jewelry box, she never expected it to contain her own personal love slave. Especially not tall, dark and sinfully handsome Tristan-a man hard to resist, and determined to fulfill her every desire.

Though Tristan was a rogue of the battlefield and the boudoir, making love with Julia was like nothing he'd ever known. Yet revealing his true heart would break the centuries-old spell and separate them forever. And Tristan would do anything to go on loving Julia. . .even remain a slave through all eternity. . .

My first review of The Pleasure Slave
My Review:
Loved reading this book again! It was just so freaking good, and I really enjoyed being in the world again, and yeah, the only thing that could make it better, is if there's a 3rd book, however improbably that is! I just want more time in the world!

I loved the brief look in at Percen and Heather, and their son, who were in the last book, and yeah, that was a great update in their lives, in their happily ever after, and yeah, I enjoyed it a lot! So very cute, and a lot of the reason why I read books!

The idea that a guy would willingly be a slave, just so that he could stay with the lady that he loves, is a bittersweet idea. The staying with her is sweet, the slave part being bitter. Because people in love are supposed to be in a balanced, equal relationship. Not having half of the partnership enslaved!

But it ends really well, happy and together, and yeah, it's just a really great ending! I just enjoyed that, having these characters that fought for a happily ever after, get it, and then live with it, yeah, that was really great!

I really enjoyed rereading this book, it was really fantastic! And I just want at least a 3rd book in this series!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Imperia #2
First Read: October 29th, 2011
Read: July 28th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: HQN
Published: February 1st 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!