Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week 22 Reviews: Die For Her, If I Should Die


From Goodreads:
Set in the romantic and death-defying world of the international bestselling Die for Me trilogy, this digital original novella follows Jules, a brooding, immortal French artist who has fallen in love with his best friend's girlfriend.

Jules Marchenoir is a revenant-an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save human lives. He's spent the better part of the last century flirting his way through Paris, but when he met Kate Mercier, the heroine from Amy Plum's Die for Me trilogy, he knew his afterlife had changed forever and he had found the love of his life. Until Kate fell for his best friend, Vincent. Now Jules is faced with an impossible decision: choosing between his loyal friend and a love truly worth dying for.

From Goodreads:
I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn't be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he's not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we've already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?

My Review:
I just really loved reading these books! Die For Her took us out of Kate's head and into Jules, and yeah, that was really interesting! And If I Should Die, well, it's the ending of the series, so it brought everything together, and it was just fantastic!

Being in Jule's head, and finding out that he loves Kate, well, it's been a while since I read the previous books, but I don't think that Kate knows about it. So that must be something of a double suck, being in love with your best friend's girl, and her being oblivious, and not returning said love. But he deals reasonable well!

So what with the ending of Until I Die, yeah, I was really excited to see how these things would be righted, because they couldn't stay that way! And that was a bit of a trouble, but they eventually brought Vincent back, yeah!

And oh, that Kate is now a revenant, and that one guy saw that she was going to be, and the one that was like, foretold, well, yeah, it just seems right, you know? Now the complications of their romance aren't there anymore, and yeah, that was just really great!

Really awesome to read these books, such a great ending and wrap up, and I just enjoyed them so much!

Author: Amy Plum
Series: Die For Me #2.5, 3
Read: May 28th, 29th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, had to finish it! They're Sequel Challenge 2013 Books! And If I Should Die is a End of Series 2013 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: April 2nd 2013, May 7th 2013

Die for Her:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars









If I Should Die:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!