Saturday, April 13, 2013

Week 15 Review: Waking Up Married

From Goodreads:
Her first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well - a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible - been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."

My Review:
I'm so glad that this book was put up on NetGalley. Because oh, man, it was such a cute and wonderful story! It was just a nice, light story, that was just a simple story about an unlikely couple, who end up married after an alcohol-filled night!

And then the fact that he doesn't want to get a divorce, even if they didn't know each other, well, it seems a bit too good to be true, and a big annoyance. After her previous dealing with the members of the opposite sex in a romantic light, it's a bit of a mix of both!

It's song is I Wanna Have Your Babies by Natasha Bedingfield, because the words of the song, the attitude, I felt, encompassed this book, because hey, they did get married the way that they did, and get into that situation!

Working through the one issue that he had, of him and avoidance, and how coldly he treated her before she got through to him, was really great to read. Because she wasn't going to stand for that, and fought for them, and that was really great! Made fore a really fantastic ending!

I just really enjoyed this book so much, it was nice and sweet to read!

Author: Mira Lyn Kelly
Read: April 10th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Kiss
Published: December 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!