Saturday, April 13, 2013

Week 15 Review: Sworn to Raise

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Ciardis has grown up in poverty, a cleaner in a small vale on the outskirts of the kingdom. But beneath her kingdom's seemingly idyllic surface lies a hidden secret. Whispers of an inept crown Prince are growing ever louder—intensified by the five year anniversary of the soulbond initiations.

Amidst scandalous whispers, Ciardis finds herself chosen to train for the Companion's Guild. She leaves her home and sets off on a personal journey to become a Court Companion. A position she'd never thought possible for a lowly servant to obtain, she must prove that she has the skills to attract a Patron. 

But she must master those skills quickly. If the legends are true, only Ciardis can harness the power to raise a Prince in an Imperial Court sworn to bring him down.

My Review:
I loved reading this book so much! I loved the world, the characters, the writing, the plotting, just everything about this book! It was really fantastic book to read, and I'm so glad that I got it early from NetGalley, though it read it after it came out!

So Ciardis's life up to this point, well, hasn't been a picnic. And in this book, well, her circumstances improve, but so do the threats, responsibilities, and all that weight of that become worse in balance. But this life is the one that she was meant to live. Her last name didn't mean the village. It meant something else, a shortened form of her true last name, until she proved worthy of claiming it!

There were a lot of twists, turns, and intrigues in this book! Between her training for the Companion's Guild, picking her Patron, and all that's going with the Prince, yeah, Ciardis has a lot on her plate! And it all came together so well! I enjoyed everything so much!

I only have one complaint. And that was, that it was just a little bit short! I wanted to spend more time in this world with these characters, and while it's a series, I wanted more of this book, of the beginning, because it sets the stage!

This was such a compelling story, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Terah Edun
Series: Courtlight #1
Read: April 10th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good!
Publisher: Amazon Digital
Published: April 8th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!