Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 2 Review: The Unspoken

From Goodreads:
1898: Bound for Chicago, the freighter Jerry McGuen goes down in Lake Michigan, taking with it every man aboard. But what other fate could befall a vessel carrying the ill-gotten sarcophagus of an Egyptian sorcerer?

Now: A veteran diver and "ghost ship" expert is exploring the legendary wreck for a documentary. He dies inexplicably inside the freighter's main saloon. Then another diver is killed and panicked rumors rise like bubbles from the lake: ancient demons have awakened below!

The expedition's beleaguered financier calls paranormal investigator Katya Sokolov to Chicago to save the film—and perhaps some innocent lives. Along with media forensics guru Will Chan, Kat plumbs the depths of an evil that may date back to the time of the Pharaohs. But some secrets are best drowned in the seas of the past.…

My Review:
So it's really great to read this book after the previous one, because while the last one was a movie, it was based off of the events that caused the situation in this book! Which meant that this book was closer to the source, so to speak!

So we're getting to know this Krewe better, that they have been working together on cases for a little while now, so they're more comfortable, and they know their roles. And it was just really great to read, and so entertaining!

I haven't read the first 4 or so books of this series, and only a few of the series that this one was spun off of, but apparently one of these characters was from the original Krewe, and yeah, having that mix, just means when I get to reading the first half of the series, it will be all the more better!

The mystery in this book was top notch, as always, and as I'm starting to see, the romance was just a little bit too much, because they aren't perfect, but they always seem to be, and it's getting to be a bit annoying, which sucks!

But I did enjoy this book, it was really great, and I really liked that ending!

Author: Heather Graham
Series: Krewe of Hunters #7
Read: January 11th, 2013
Source: Library/NetGalley
Reason Why: I'm enjoying this series! And it's a Series Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Mira
Published: July 31st 2012
5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!