Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week 44 Review: Death's Mistress

From Goodreads:
Dorina Basarab is a dhampir-half-human, half-vampire. Back home in Brooklyn after the demise of her insane Uncle Dracula, Dory's hoping her life is about to calm down. But soon Dory realizes someone is killing vampire Senate members, and if she can't stop the murderer, her friends may be next...

My Review:
I loved being in this world again! It was just so freaking good, and we got to be with these characters! And besides growth from the first book, there was a ton more happening, like a ton. There's the murder mystery, but there's also the search for a fey object that could hurt or even kill Claire's son. And neither Dory, nor us readers, wants that to happen!

I really enjoyed the murder mystery, because it becomes really near and dear to Dory's heart, seeing as her dad is a member, and while they have a pretty complicated relationship, she's not going to do nothing with that threat to his life!

The romance between her and Louis-Cesare is really heating up! Especially since Dory's a dhampir, vampires tend to avoid her. But he's doing the opposite. And yeah, the sparks were just flying! Along with the action! There was just so much!

Where the object that could be hurtful to the baby? And where it turns out to be? Yeah, that was a great little mystery, and almost like a palm meets forehead moment, because it was right under their noses. If you put you hand to your nose!

I loved reading this book, and now my want to read Fury's Kiss is increased so much!

Author: Karen Chance
Series: Dorina Basarab #2
Read: October 30th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Really enjoyed book 1!
Publisher: Onxy
Published: January 5th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!