Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 43 Review: Sacrifice

From Goodreads:
This is not the time for the fight to end. Now is when the fight will begin. This is the time to regain what has been lost.

Alera

Queen of a fallen kingdom, secretly in love with the enemy.

Shaselle

Daughter of a murdered father, rebel with a cause.

One lives behind the former Hytanican palace walls and walks the razor's edge to keep the fragile peace in her beloved homeland. The other slips through the war-torn streets, seeking retribution for her family's tragedy, following whispers of insurgency.

Both face choices that will separate them from those they cannot help but love. As their stories intertwine, a conspiracy ignites that may end in slavery or death—or lead to freedom anew, if only each can face what must be sacrificed.


My Review:
Man, I loved reading this book! So happy that the wholesaler that I was at for school (Go Library Information Technology!) had this book, just under a whole week before it came out! And then I just read it, and loved it, because it was so freaking good!!

I loved the characters, and I was undecided at first on whether I liked having 2 POV's, I decided that I did, because it added to the book, we got to see more then just Alera's POV, and seeing more of the world, a different side, and yeah, that was just fantastic!!!

I felt so sorry for Steldor, because while he was pretty much an ass in Legacy, he did grow better in Allegiance, and in this book, he pulls pranks to relief some of the frustration of the Hytantican people, and to also keep the enemy busy while they plan the revolution.

Though the plan was heartbreaking, it was practical, for men to sacrifice themselves in a revolution that they knew was doomed to fail from the beginning, so that they were thought to be finally defeated, because they put up that final struggle, but that they were really planning with that in the first place. Yeah. that was saddening.

I really loved this book, it was so freaking good, and I can't wait to see what Cayla Kluver writes next!

Author: Cayla Kluver
Series: Legacy #3
Read: October 22nd-24th, 2012
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Loved the first 2 books, and it's a YAHFC book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: October 23rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!