Saturday, October 13, 2012

Week 41 Review: Starling

From Goodreads:
Mason Starling is a champion fencer on the Gosforth Academy team, but she's never had to fight for her life. Not until the night a ferocious, otherworldly storm rips through Manhattan, trapping Mason and her teammates inside the school. Mason is besieged by nightmarish creatures more terrifying than the thunder and lightning as the raging tempest also brings a dangerous stranger into her life: a young man who remembers nothing but his name--the Fennrys Wolf. His arrival tears Mason's world apart, even as she feels an undeniable connection to him. Together, they seek to unravel the secrets of Fenn's identity as strange and supernatural forces gather around them. When they discover Mason's family--with its dark allegiance to ancient Norse gods--is at the heart of the mystery, Fennrys and Mason are suddenly faced with a terrifying future.

My Review:
Ok, this book, after I was finished reading it, I really wanted to read the previous trilogy that was connected to this book. What with Finn and all, and I really wished that I'd known that this was a spin off of that, because it wasn't till I was almost done that I connected the Fenn's!

Even not knowing that, this book was sure of a heck a roller coaster ride! And I loved every minute of the ups and the downs, the climes and the falls, the twists and the turns, they were just so great to read! I just enjoyed it so much!

This book started pretty darned quickly with the action, and almost never slowed down! Some of that action was more emotional based, but there was almost always something going on! It was just so fantastic and readable!

Loved that ending so much! Such a cliffhanger, what with her family having successfully started Armageddon. Which is pretty horrible to learn, and to have been used like that! Plus, the mystery of Fenn and all that! Can't wait for the sequel!

I enjoyed reading this book, so much, it was so good, and yeah, can't wait to read more!

Author: Lesley Livingston
Series: Starling #1
Read: October 11th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a really good book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: August 28th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!