Saturday, October 13, 2012

Week 41 Review: She Went All the Way

From Goodreads:
There are a few places screenwriter Lou Calabrese would rather be than crammed into a helicopter with Jack Townsend, star of her claim to fame, "Copkiller," and whose ex just ran off with Lou's ex. Talk about uncomfortable. But when, halfway out to the isolated arctic location where "Copkiller IV" is currently shooting, their pilot turns murderous and their helicopter crashes, Lou realizes her day has just gotten a lot worse.

Now, while family and friends back home fret over her disappearance, Lou is on the run in the arctic wilderness with America's sweetheart Jack Townsend and only the contents of her purse, his pockets, and their mutual knowledge of survival movie trivia to keep them alive. Can these two children of Hollywood put aside their differences and make it back home without killing each other? Or much, much worse, actually start to like one another?

My Review:
Man, how did I not read this book sooner! It's a Meg Cabot book, which meant that it was going to be fabulous, so I don't know why I was silly enough to wait till now to read this book! It was just so freaking fantastic!

And hilarious! I don't know if I've ever read a Meg Cabot book that wasn't funny, whether light humour, mildly in trouble humour like this book, or grim humour. And the situation of being stuck on a mountain with a guy with whom their ex's ran off together recently. Which is an awkward situation in an of itself!

Watching these characters interact in this really isolating situation, in a pretty life-threatening, or really discomforting, situation. well, it was really fantastic! These are people who are from Hollywood, and seeing them in this setting was pretty hilarious!

I loved the mystery in this book, too, it was quietly running through things, and that was just so awesome! And then when things came to a head, interfering with the romance, well, I'm really glad for the ending, it was just perfect!

I enjoyed reading this book so much, of course I did, it was a Meg Cabot book!

Author: Meg Cabot
Read: October 10th, 2012
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Must read all Meg Cabot books!
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Published: December 3rd 2002
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!