Saturday, October 13, 2012

Week 41 Review: Onxy

From Goodreads:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I've seen someone who shouldn't be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he's never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

My Review:
I utterly loved this book! It was just as good as Obsidian, and we learned so much in it, and things developed, and things got bad, but then there was some hope too, to balance out all the dark. And Katy and Daemon are almost like a teeter totter, in their relationship, and how

I really enjoyed the fact that we did learn more about the Lux, about the Source which their powers come from, and then more about "our" group of Luxen, and how they landed on a island near Greece, and all the places the Blacks and Mr. Matthew Garrison, have lived!

But we also learned some bad things, like the fact that while Bethany and Dawson are alive, they were tortured. And that the DOD knows about the differences between the Lux and the Arum, and the powers, and that the DOD are working with the Arum!

The one scene when they're kissing, and she moves the chair, that was just hilarious, and awesome, and how hot and steamy that scene got! Because hey, it's them, their bodies getting closer and closer! And yeah, their teasing, and their cursing!

This was such a fantastic book! I loved it so much, it was just so good, and I can't wait to read more, seeing where it ended with Dawson being there!

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #2
Read: October 9th, 2012
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Loved Obsidian, and Jennifer L. Armentrout's other books!
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: August 14th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!