Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 40 Review: The Girl is Murder

From Goodreads:
It's the Fall of 1942 and Iris's world is rapidly changing. Her Pop is back from the war with a missing leg, limiting his ability to do the physically grueling part of his detective work. Iris is dying to help, especially when she discovers that one of Pop's cases involves a boy at her school. Now, instead of sitting at home watching Deanna Durbin movies, Iris is sneaking out of the house, double crossing her friends, and dancing at the Savoy till all hours of the night. There's certainly never a dull moment in the private eye business.

My Review:
So yeah, I read this series out of order, and that kinda sucks. Because the 2nd book was way better then this one. Because everything gets better with practise, which makes that just kinda obvious that the 2nd book would be better. And I still want a 3rd book in this series!

There was quite a bit going on in this book. Just not as much as the next book. Which is what happens, and yeah, is just so enjoyable to read! I really enjoyed seeing Iris, knowing where things were going to go, but now seeing where they started, was really fantastic!

I really enjoyed the mystery, because hey, in this book, she has to sneak around to do investigating, which yeah, is a lot of fun to read! It just has many beginnings, that were just fantastic to read! So great, and I just loved reading that!

Oh, and this book is also the book where she meets him, which yeah, is really great! Because yeah, he's from a crowd that is a further step down from the move that her family recently went through. But hey, girls like bad boys, right?

Really enjoyed this book, just not as much as thh sequel. And I'd really, really, really love a 3rd book!

Author: Kathryn Miller Haines
Series: Girl Is Murder #1
Read: October 5th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I had the 2nd book from  NetGalley, and enjoyed it, so I wanted to see where the story started!
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Published: July 19th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!