Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 37 Review: Dreamless

From Goodreads:
Can true love be forgotten?

As the only scion who can descend into the Underworld, Helen Hamilton has been given a nearly impossible task. By night she wanders through Hades, trying to stop the endless cycle of revenge that has cursed her family. By day she struggles to overcome the fatigue that is rapidly eroding her sanity. Without Lucas by her side, Helen is not sure she has the strength to go on.

Just as Helen is pushed to her breaking point, a mysterious new Scion comes to her rescue. Funny and brave, Orion shields her from the dangers of the Underworld. But time is running out--a ruthless foe plots against them, and the Furies' cry for blood is growing louder.

As the ancient Greek world collides with the mortal one, Helen's sheltered life on Nantucket descends into chaos. But the hardest task of all will be forgetting Lucas Delos.

My Review:
Oh, wow! Such a wonderful, amazing, and deserving sequel to Starcrossed! The pages just flew right by, and were just as addicting as Starcrossed, which makes me really hope that the 3rd book will be just as good or better!

Loved how things developed, that Lucas and Helen had to see each other every day, that they were in love with each other, but couldn't be with each other, because the fact that they were cousins, or so they thought, but we know better, and it's killing us that we can't tell them because they are a story, and we are real, and yeah, it's just torture!

Orion, was interesting. He was like Helen, and Lucas, but not, because he didn't have a stable home condition, seeing as he was the heir of one house, and head of the other, and claimed by one, and still with the other, and with his mom being insane because of her brother, yeah. He hasn't had the easiest of lives!

I had totally forgot about the river of forgetting, because I mean, it's been a long time since I've read Starcrossed, which is an excuse, but yeah, it's been like, a year, and I've read so many books since then, who can blame me?

Loved how everything came together, and I hope that Matt does something good, because yeah, it didn't look too good! And the fact that the 3 of them are Blood Brothers, I hope that something good comes of it, with all the bad that there was!

I want more, because this was a great book, and yeah, I know I'll be rereading this book!!!

Author: Josephine Angelini
Series: Starcrossed #2
Read: September 11th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved Starcrossed, and it's a LLFL book, WoW Book, and a Sophomore Challenge book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: May 29th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!