Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 29 Review: Blood and Chocolate

From Goodreads:
Vivian Gandillon relishes the change, the sweet, fierce ache that carries her from girl to wolf. At sixteen, she is beautiful and strong, and all the young wolves are on her tail. But Vivian still grieves for her dead father; her pack remains leaderless and in disarray, and she feels lost in the suburbs of Maryland. She longs for a normal life. But what is normal for a werewolf?

Then Vivian falls in love with a human, a meat-boy. Aiden is kind and gentle, a welcome relief from the squabbling pack. He's fascinated by magic, and Vivian longs to reveal herself to him. Surely he would understand her and delight in the wonder of her dual nature, not fear her as an ordinary human would.

Vivian's divided loyalties are strained further when a brutal murder threatens to expose the pack. Moving between two worlds, she does not seem to belong in either. What is she really—human or beast? Which tastes sweeter—blood or chocolate?

My Review:
Yeah, I just loved reading this book! Though from what people have said, I won't be watching the movie, because apparently the only similarities are that she's a werewolf, and tests out being human. But other then that, it's different. And I don't want that to spoil how fantastic this was!

Oh, Aiden. You're supposed to be gentle, but when Vivian tells you, you freak out, and then basically hate her. Guess it's human nature to be afraid of things/creatures that are more powerful then you, but both us readers and Vivian thought you were different!

The Five, I thought that they were going to do something along the lines of why they had to leave the first time, and had all those people die. But nope, it's only one guy of them that really did something bad! And on the behest of that evil lady who wanted to be the female alpha. Well, too bad, Vivian got that position! And Gabriel, who was part of the package!

Oh, this was an awesome book, but I wish we could've had more of the relationship at the end, because it looked like it was going to be epic. I doubt that there'll be more, seeing as this book came out 15 years ago, and there hasn't been anything. That I know of.

So good, and I just really enjoyed it! I have to get a copy of it!

Author: Annette Curtis Klause
Read: July 19th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book, and it's a FtBRC book!
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Published: August 11th 1997
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it such a long time ago I read this book! Did you see the movie? (Not great, just fun to watch one time :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) And no, I haven't, but having read the description, and being a very different from the book, but based on it, I just can't, it'd spoil the book for me. Must reread it sometime!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!