Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week 14 Review: Catching Fire

From Goodreads:
Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create. 

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying. 

My Review:
I reread this book, because like The Hunger Games, I read it before I had this blog, and because the first movie is coming out pretty soon, so why not reread it? And yeah, it was just a pleasure to reread it, because the first time, I read it too fast, and missed out on some details! Can't have that!

That Katniss and Peeta were supposed to calm the rising rebellion through their victory tour-and announcement of their marriage-I think they should've known in the end that it wasn't going to happen, and that Snow knew that, too, and just wanted to play with them, like cat and mice.

But I enjoyed getting to know some of the other victor-tributes, because they all went through something like what Katniss and Peeta did, and they survived like Katniss and Peeta, so yeah, when they all have to go and kill each other again, yeah. That sucks, but how it ends, is just so much better then it began!

I really enjoyed rereading this book, it was just fantastic, and I can't wait to reread Mockingjay!

Author: Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games #2
Read: April 3rd, 2012
Source: Bought
Publisher: Scholastic Inc
Published: September 1st 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!