Saturday, March 3, 2012

Week 9 Review: Taming the Scotsman

From Goodreads:
To avoid the dreadful fate of marriage to a man she does not love, Nora, niece of Eleanor of Aquitane, implores Ewan MacAllister, a man that both her father and betrothed fear, to help her seek protection with her aunt. Against his better judgement, Ewan agrees to whisk Nora away to England, fully intending to hand her off to his brother. Despite Ewan's tortured past and Nora's perilous situation, they soon find themselves helplessly drawn to each other. Dare they risk the wrath of clansmen of Nora's powerful father, or are they willing to chance all for the promise of true love?

My Review:
Oh, I enjoyed this book so much! I loved their story so much, and yeah, so glad that I got this book at the library near my grandparent's cold months home! Considering that I was, at the time at when I read this, there on vacation, just me and my brother, at their house with them, which was a new experience!

So I know I'm not reading this series in order, but I'm pretty sure the more side events in this book, are going to more important in later books, seeing that there's a few books after this, and the mentions of his brother!

This book was so hilarious! Which is pretty much a staple of Sherrilyn Kenyon books, even writing as Kinley MacGregor, with the characters more sarcastic then imagined, so yeah, that was just so nice! I just love all that they say!

I loved how that group kidnapped him, and were supposed to drive them around, and that in the end that Ewan and Nora stick with them to find out who hired them to do that. When it turns out, and one of the group already knew, and that it was Nora's dad! And then the wedding, where he was there, but was a bit late because he had regressed in health! So cute!

Loved this book so much, and I must read more of the series!

Author: Kinley MacGregor (Sherrilyn Kenyon)
Series: MacAllister #3
Read: February 25th-26th, 2012
Source: Apachy Library
Reason Why: Must read all Sherrilyn Kenyon novels!!!
Publisher: Avon Books
Published: August 26th 2003
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!