Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 13 Review: Legend

From Goodreads:
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias' death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! I kinda thought that if our world turned out like that, well, yeah, there are pros and cons. But seeing as we only saw a portion of the world, I'll have to wait out to form my opinion of this world!

I enjoyed these characters, and their back and forth narration! June and Day have a lot in common, and then there's the things about them that are the opposite, like their scores. But then there's something up with that, because Day was really smart! And yeah, I enjoyed reading about these characters!

Oh, that ending! That was a bit hard to read, that Day's brother died so Day could escape, and that Metias was murdered by his friend, the guy that he sponsored to be an officer. And that their government was testing various infectious stuff on their population, that was just vile!

Yes, this was such a great book, I loved it so much, and I can't wait to read Prodigy!

Author: Marie Lu
Series: Legend #1
Read: March 30th, 2012
Source: Library/Bought
Reason Why: It sounded really good, and it's a WTC book! And a 2012 Dystopian novel!
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Published: November 29th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!