Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 47 Review: Where She Went

From Goodreads:
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.



My Review:
Really enjoyed this book. It was another quick read like If I Stay, and it was different from If I Stay because it was from Adam's perspective, not Mia's. But it's the same where it was back and forth between past events, and how they relate to the present, in a way that I really love, that was just awesome!

This was a quick read, though not very summery. More fall-ish, to winter, to spring, with new hope, beginnings, and all that from a pretty dark place at the beginning.

Loved all the little stories, they were fun, deep, emotional, and painful at times, but they helped the story grow, and make sense, and made it work.

I really loved the way we got to see Mia from outside, how others see her, and not how she sees herself, because that just added to the book, added something that it needed, a fulfilment of understanding, so we had more depth in the characters, because we'd already seen Adam from Mia's perspective, and now Mia through Adam. And I loved that!

This was an excellent book, one I hope everyone will check out!

Author: Gale Forman
Series: If I Stay #2
Read: November 27th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved If I Stay, wanted to see what was going to happen next to them!
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Published: May 5th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I so want to read this! I read If I stay last summer and loved it, meaning cried all the time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! So sad! And this one is almost worst in that respect, because she fought to stay, and then in this one, she's gone. Ish. But I loved the ending!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!