Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 45 Review: The Girl in the Steel Corset

From Goodreads:
In 1897 England, sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne has no one except the "thing" inside her.

When a young lord tries to take advantage of Finley, she fights back. And wins. But no normal Victorian girl has a darker side that makes her capable of knocking out a full-grown man with one punch...

Only Griffin King sees the magical darkness inside her that says she's special, says she's one of them. The orphaned duke takes her in from the gaslit streets against the wishes of his band of misfits. Emily, who has her own special abilities and an unrequited love for Sam, who is part robot; and Jasper, an American cowboy with a shadowy secret.

Griffin's investigating a criminal called The Machinist, the mastermind behind several recent crimes by automatons. Finley thinks she can help-and finally be a part of something, finally fit in.

But The Machinist wants to tear Griff's little company of strays apart, and it isn't long before trust is tested on all sides. At least Finley knows whose side she's on, even if it seems no one believes her.



My Review:
This book was really funny! Finley had a great wit, and all the characters did, and there were love triangles, and strange powers, and an alternate world, because as far as I know, there weren't machines that were servants and such in the 1900's. Or any time. As far as I know. Yep.

I loved all the little and big things that they could do, and the little creatures that Griffin's parents found? Really cool, and interesting, and led to some really great scenes! And yeah, just loved it!

Loved the triangles, between the various people, because they were really great to read about, sometimes funny (her carrying him out of the pool like it was nothing, and the different accents, and the help, just amazing!

Loved this book, and more because it came out on my birthday! Now to actually own it, and getting you guys to read it!

Author: Kady Cross
Series: Steampunk Chronicles #1
Read: November 7th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Came out on my birthday, and it sounded interesting!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: May 24th 2011 (My 17th birthday!)
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!