Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week 40 Review: The Darkest Surrender

From Goodreads:
Possessed by the demon of Defeat, Strider cannot lose a challenge without suffering unimaginable pain. For him, nothing stands in the way of victory. Until Kaia, an enchanting Harpy, tempts him to the razor's edge of surrender.Known among her people as The Disappointment, Kaia must bring home the gold in the Harpy Games or die. Strider is a distraction she can't afford because he has an agenda of his own-steal first prize, an ancient godly artifact, before the winner can be named. But as the competition heats up, only one prize will matter-the love neither had thought possible...

My Review:
What an amazing book! I loved it, couldn't get enough! And the way that it ended? I WANT MORE!!!!!!! I just love reading books in this series, by Gena Showalter, because they're always awesome and entertaining!

There were so many developments, like the finding of the last of the 4 artifacts, some history, and some other things that I don't want to say so I won't spoil. But I just loved it! Now they just have to get back the other that they lost!

Strider and Kaia, they are just like the perfect couple. They both fight it, and yet, at the same time, they both fight for it, both thinking that they might not be the best one for the other, but that they do belong together, and in fact, do belong with each other!

Kaia's past, well, one of the awkward moments of I don't want to read this, I know the character's going to be hurt, and boy was that an understatement, but this was just a great book! And they got past that, and things were good!

Loved it, and hope you guys really try out Gena Showalter's writing!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld #8
Read: October 2nd, 2011
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Need to read all of Gena Showalter's books! They're so freaking great!
Publisher: HQN
Published: September 27th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!