Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #14, August 10th

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
Expected Publication: September 20th
From Goodreads:
Alek and Deryn are on the last leg of their round-the-world quest to end World War I, reclaim Alek’s throne as prince of Austria, and finally fall in love. The first two objectives are complicated by the fact that their ship, the Leviathan, continues to detour farther away from the heart of the war (and crown). And the love thing would be a lot easier if Alek knew Deryn was a girl. (She has to pose as a boy in order to serve in the British Air Service.) And if they weren’t technically enemies.

The tension thickens as the Leviathan steams toward New York City with a homicidal lunatic on board: secrets suddenly unravel, characters reappear, and nothing is at it seems in this thunderous conclusion to Scott Westerfeld’s brilliant trilogy.

I've read the first too books, now I can't wait for the last book to come out! Hurry up, September!

5 comments:

  1. I love Scott Westerfeld!!! I haven't read any of his recent books, but I loved the Uglies series and the midnighters series. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have the first two books in the series. haven't read 'em. love the covers and illustrations though. awesome pick! :)

    Check out our WoW.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too, and all of his books are awesome!

    I've read both of them, and the covers are awesome, but you really need to read them! They're just great! And thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got an ARC of this. I guess I need to read the first two... I love Scott Westerfeld. I have adored all of his other books!

    My Wow: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lucky! I want to get ARC's!! That'd be so neat!!!!!! And me, too! They're awesome! I really need to get around to owning more of them, I only have the Uglies series right now :(

    And ok :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!