Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week 30 Review: If I Stay

From Goodreads:
In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces - to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.

My Review:
This book was honestly amazing. I can really see why I've seen such positive reviews of it in the blog-o-sphere.

The thought that we might just be able to choose if we stay, or if we go, if given the "right" circumstances, is intriguing, to say the least. It was emotional, too, because of the accident, and it was thoughtful, and it was just really good!

I liked the inner struggles, the flashbacks that weren't/didn't feel like real flashbacks, just what we needed to know, and how they added depth to the story, explaining what we needed to know, and it was just really good!

I also liked the characters relationships, they were good, and real, and I could easily believe that they were real flesh and blood people not ink on a page and imagination.

This was a really good book, and you guys should really check it out!

Author: Gayle Forman
Series: If I Stay #1
Read: July 27th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a really fantastic book!
Publisher: Speak
Published: April 6th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!